- Broccoli-cucumber salad
Ingredients: Broccoli, lettuce leaves, cherry/regular tomatoes
For the dressing: Mint leaves, olive oil/coconut oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper
Toppings (Optional): Toasted walnuts
- Steam the broccoli and place aside
- Chop the lettuce and dice the cherry tomatoes into small chunks
- Mix all the veggies together in a deep-bottomed dish
- Whip up a quick dressing of mint leaves blended in olive oil/coconut oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper
- Pour the dressing over the veggies and mix well.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts and serve!
2.) Beetroot banana smoothie
Ingredients: 1 small beetroot, 1 banana, 6 pre-soaked raisins, any nondairy milk (½ cup)
Garnish: Honey, cinnamon
- Blend all the ingredients together along with some crushed ice (optional)
- Garnish with a dash of cinnamon and honey
- Enjoy this sweet and cool drink before dashing off to work.
3. Beetroot yogurt
Ingredients: One medium-sized beetroot, ½ cup yogurt (full-fat), roasted cumin and chopped nuts (optional)
- Grate the beetroot into fine shreds
- Mix it with yogurt in a bowl and add the rock salt. Whisk till you get a creamy, pink mixture
- Garnish with roasted cumin and chopped nuts
4. Pomegranate parfait
Ingredients: ¼ cup pomegranate seeds, ½ cup unsweetened yogurt, ¼ cup of muesli/granola
Garnish: Nuts, berries (optional)
- Layer all ingredients one by one; start with the yogurt as the base, then granola, then pomegranate seeds, then some more yogurt
- Garnish with crushed nuts, berries or as you like!
5. Chocolate Blueberry pancakes
Ingredients: ¼ cup cacao powder, blueberries, ½ cup coconut milk/almond milk, ¼ cup rolled oats, brown sugar, coconut oil, and raw honey (optional)
- Blend rolled oats to powder
- Combine the oats flour with the rest of the ingredients and let it rest for a while
- Spray a non-stick pan with some coconut oil and pour spoonfuls of the batter. Spread the sides of the batter evenly with a spoon to ensure wafer thin and crispy pancakes
- Cook until bubbles appear on the surface and flip over to cook the other side
- Serve warm with topped blueberries and a drizzle of raw honey
6. Sweet potato breakfast bars
Ingredients: Rolled oats, any assortment of dry fruits you like, dates, raw honey, non-dairy milk, two boiled sweet potatoes, pinch of salt
Condiments: Vanilla essence, cinnamon powder
- In a bowl, mix everything. Use a food processor until you get a chewy, lumpy mixture
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and spread the mixture over it evenly with the help of a spatula
- Cover with saran wrap and freeze for an hour. Cut it into equal sized chunks for an entire’s weeks of breakfast bars
7. Cottage cheese open toast
Ingredients: 2 slices of whole wheat toast, 1 teaspoon olive oil, ½ cup grated cottage cheese, cumin, salt
Toppings (optional): Spring onion greens, pepper
- Spray olive oil on a warm skillet, toss the cumin seeds and saute the cottage cheese. Stir continuously till the crumbles caramelize.
- In the meantime, toast two pieces of whole wheat bread and layer the sauted cottage cheese on top.
- Garnish with spring onion greens and enjoy warm!
8.) Chia seed pudding with pineapple toppings
Ingredients: ½ cup chia seeds, 1 cup coconut/almond milk, any natural sweetener, 1 mashed banana
Toppings (optional): Cinnamon powder, chopped nuts, pineapple chunks
- In a glass, combine the ingredients and mix well. Let it sit for a while till the chia seeds swell up and form a gel-like consistency
- Garnish with a drizzle of honey, cinnamon spice and pineapple chunks
- For best results, prepare overnight and stick it in the fridge to enjoy a cool breakfast the next morning.
9.) Vegetable smoothie bowl
Ingredients: ½ cup coconut milk, ½ cup baby spinach, 1 banana, raw honey
Toppings: Kiwi slices, coconut shavings, granola/toasted nuts, fresh berries (optional)
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender till you get a smooth, liquid consistency. Add more nondairy milk for a thinner consistency
- Top with kiwi slices of berries, coconut shavings and nuts
10.) Gluten-free lentil pancakes
Ingredients: 50 gms green gram soaked overnight, ¼ cup yogurt, ¼ cup grated carrots, ¼ cup chopped and deseeded tomatoes, fresh, peeled ginger, coconut oil for cooking
Condiments: Cumin, turmeric, salt
Other requirements: moderate speed blender
- In a food processor/blender, blend together the soaked green gram, ginger and yogurt till you get a smooth, pourable texture
- Add the carrots, tomatoes, cumin, turmeric and salt to this batter and leave it to rest for 20 minutes
- Brush coconut oil on a non-stick pan and add spoonfuls of the batter to make pancakes. Flip and cook each side for 2-3 mins or until a brown, crispy layer is formed .
- Enjoy hot with a yogurt dip!
11.) Chia seed oatmeal
Ingredients: ¼ cup chia seeds, ½ cup nondairy milk, 1 medium-sized banana, pre-soaked almonds
- Add chia seeds and any natural sweetener to the milk and mix well
- Once, the seeds swell, mix again and top it with banana slices and pre-soaked almonds
- Garnish with cinnamon spice and enjoy!